Setting up redirects in Pimcore
In the "Redirects" area, various URLs can be assigned to different pages. For example, you can use www.domain.com/irobot to redirect to the www.domain.com/en/products/lawn-mowers/robots/irobot/434521 page.
You have the following options in the opened modal:
- Starting with: all URLs that start with the entered path are forwarded.
- Exact match: all URLs that exactly match the entered path will be forwarded.
- Containing: all URLs that contain the entered path area (no matter where in the URL) are forwarded.
- Short URL: works similar to the "exact match" - additionally the URL is forwarded if a slash is attached at the end (example: w-vision.ch/test and w-vision.ch/test/ both are forwarded)
- Domain: a complete domain can be forwarded (example: apple.de is forwarded to apple.com/de/)
In the following I will go into "beginning with" and "exact match" in more detail.
Example "beginning with"
In this example, the English section of a website that was still present in the previous version is currently missing. Since many Google links still point to English pages, these are to be forwarded to a landing page. For this an entry is made with "beginning with" and "/en". Then the document "landingpage-english" can be placed in the column "destination".
Example "exact match"
In an advertisement you would like to refer to a special product of your online shop. So that the customer does not have to type in the complete link, it is advisable to forward it here. For example, www.domain.com/irobot will take you directly to the product page.